Monday, December 17, 2012

Daylight Savings Time Sucks...

For those of you who read my blog regularly, I think it was very obvious how successful of a fall I had fishing.  Then daylight savings time hit.  When the sun goes down at five, it really doesn't lend itself very well to fishing after work.  That coupled with some busy weekends haven't left much time.  Priorities right?

Last weekend, the tide was super low and so I made the plans to hit the bayou.  When the bayou is low, paddling far from the launch to find shallow untouched bayous is not necessary. Boats won't go far from the channel, but kayakers will.  And we did.  A half mile from the launch and we found some eager bruisers in the shallows.  Not fifteen minutes after launching, I managed to land my first fish.  The fish were everywhere, but I had to share with my buddy. It was the least I could do after he took all my pictures.

It was a later morning. We didn't hit the water till 9 am and after about 10:30 am, the bruisers stopped rushing the shallows.  I saw a few more fish, spooked them, and hooked up with only one more flounder who was swirling and making a rukus.  Life was good though.  I hadn't been on the water and getting a red on the line was good.  They're like crack, and I hadn't gotten my fix in a few.







No comments:

Post a Comment